Advanced Sail Technology For Unsurpassed PerformanceStratis fibre-aligned sail laminates combine Doyle Sailmaker's world-leading design with advanced engineering and materials technology in a seamless operation.
Custom-made advanced technology
- Each sail is custom designed and custom manufactured by Doyle Sailmakers.
- Shape dynamics are designed in 3 dimensions. Load paths are calculated and mapped to the performance specifications of each sail.
- Pre-impregnated fibre and film technology ensures accurate weight calculations and optimized lamination.
- All fibres are load bearing, ensuring maximum strength, minimum weight and enhanced shape retention.
- Flying shape is maintained with significantly less stretch.
- Much lighter than conventional panel sails.
- Load paths are mapped to each reef point, ensuring performance is maximized in both full and reefed sail configurations.
- Versatile combinations of fibres, films and taffeta finishes provide the optimum sail technology, whether racing or cruising.
- Anti-microbial coatings plus TiO2 coatings over all fibres and taffetas give Stratis laminates exceptional protection.